Friday 13 April 2012

First Post

So this is it....

I've thought about it, read about it, thought about it some more, talked about it, and starting this blog is the evidence to myself that I am now ready to do it! The big IT I'm talking about is taking the decision not to send the boys to school.  I guess most people would understand this as homeschooling, although schooling at home is not really what I'm intending to do. 

I've decided to start a blog for a few reasons. Firstly as a resource for me to keep a record of what's happening at home and my own thoughts and reflections related to learning, but also as a way of sharing what we are doing and how its going with our friends and family.  The internet has been a massive resource for me in learning about homeschooling/unschooling/learning without school, so if reading about our family's journey is useful to anyone else then that would be great too.


This is the start of an exciting journey for our family, although Ollie and I both know that in reality the journey began the minute our first son was born. We've been learning together at home for the past four years, its working well and we don't see any reason to change it :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a very brave decision and I'm looking forward to hearing about how it works for the whole family. I can't imagine little Joseph going to school this soon and I think that his world will be a happier place at home with his family. I'm glad that you said that it is a personal decision and not right for everybody because I think that is absolutely true. I think it's brilliant you're doing what's right for your family. Sending you lots of love and luck!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Yes, a really individual decision and not an easy one to make when it goes so against the mainstream, but absolutely the right thing for us at this point. Thanks for your support xx

      Delete